We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport - Airport to City Center

Arlington, TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Transport - Airport to City Center

My wife and I arrive Saturday morning. We are staying at the Renaissance (marriott) Hotel. We will each have two medium or large bags.

How much would a taxi cost? How long will it take?

What are other options, considering we will have heavy luggage?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,258 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport - Airport to City Center

about €45 for a taxi..less than 30 minute ride..the other option is train to centraal station from airport..walk to hotel

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,718 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport - Airport to City Center

The Connexxion shuttle or Schiphol travel taxi will be cheaper and drop you at the door. Not as quick as a direct taxi but the choice is there for you.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport - Airport to City Center

Shuttle would be 32 euro for two

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
726 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport - Airport to City Center

My husband and I are in Amsterdam now. We took the Connexxion shuttle from the airport. It was very easy, very convenient..it cost 32 Euros for the two of us..we bought our tickets just before we boarded.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport - Airport to City Center

Connexxions shuttle is indeed a very convenient - and cheaper than a taxi. We have used them on several occasions (our first few trips, and once last July, when staying out of the main city area) but usually use the train as it is faster than a taxi/shuttle and just as easy, plus much cheaper.

The station is directly below the main concourse - tickets can be bought in the concourse at machines or at the station desk; there are lifts and escalators to get below to the plateforms, and trains to centraal station are every few minutes. Cost is 3.80e per person each way. The walk to your hotel is just short, we often stay around there, and manage to pull cases as well as hubby managing to push me in my wheelchair too. It is do-able and not a real hassle.

Have a great trip whatever way you get to your hotel.

6. Re: Transport - Airport to City Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 10:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor