We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain, rain,rain

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
rain, rain,rain

It's been raining here in Scotland constantly for the last two months and frankly I'm fed up with it .. wish it would blow over to the continents that actually need it.

How is it in Amsterdam .. will I need to pack my umbrella for our trip next week?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rain, rain,rain

its raining in scotland?..im shocked!!

Zeeuws Vlaanderen
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rain, rain,rain

Short answer: Yes. Though I wouldn't take an umbrella in A'dam. Very inconvenient in a busy city.

But it is not all that bad. Most rain comes in showers and there are also lots of sunny intervals.

weeronline.nl/Europa/…4058223

Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rain, rain,rain

Sue the only time u will get is when you are walking between pubs lol

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rain, rain,rain

Saturday was great, Sunday was rain all day long until 5pm, since than it's been on and off. There was a huge thunderstorm 1 hour ago now it's sunny.....

Bring your umbrella!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rain, rain,rain

At least I can leave my woolies at home as it's 10 degrees warmer with you! Thanks folks, I'll wear my hoodie coat .. and maybe bring one very small umbrella. Sounds like a good excuse to run to the bars and go shopping between visits to the architectural sights :o)

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rain, rain,rain

Last week was hot and sunny pretty much the whole time! One or two showers. Will feel warm

Compared to Scotland.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rain, rain,rain

As someone who lives between Edinburgh and Amsterdam, I was kicking myself this morning (three hour thunderstorm with torrential rain) for not bringing my raincoat back over from Edinburgh. However, it's now cleared up and I'd have felt a numpty going home in my big jacket.

So yep, deffo have a good brolly, it is usually warmer here but same adage as for in Edinburgh 'layers, layers, layers'.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
276 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rain, rain,rain

One day the sun is out, the next day it's raining all day. Has been like this for almost 2 weeks now.

9. Re: rain, rain,rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:47