We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving April 19, tulip status?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Highland Heights...
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving April 19, tulip status?

We are finally arriving Wednesday ( April 19.) Have spent a cold but beautiful week in France. Have the tulips bloomed yet??

Coeur d Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
370 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

I was in the Tulip area on April 10 and only daffodil fields were in bloom, late spring in the Netherlands, Keukenhof Gardens had a wide variety of flowers in early bloom.

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

Sorry but i think that you are 10-14 days to early for the tulips.

Vic

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,305 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

Hi there,

All gardens here in Amsterdam have part of the tulips in full blossom. Can not say much about the tulip fields, but on 19th a reasonable portion of it must be blooming...

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

boston
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

was at keukenhof gardens on saturday...about half of the tulips were in bloom...should be more blooming soon...keukenhof was still amazing though.

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

Arriving April 30 - any news on whether this is an early year or a late year? Are the tulip fields in bloom now? Anyone been to Keukenhof since the poster on 17 April? Anyone know of a web site that updates on the status of the tulip blooms in The Netherlands?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

I too am looking for this info. I am going on May 9 and hoping to see the flower fields (outside of the park)

Mikey-And-Dani
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

We were there on Monday and I would say 85-90% of the flowers are in bloom. Everything looked amazing! So many colors everywhere, you didnt even notice the few beds of flowers that had not yet bloomed. The four days we were their were warm and sunny so maybe that helped.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

@ mnco3 and mrspabs: check this post: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188553-i58-k19181…

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

Thanks for link to great post. I'll keep watching this one and that other forum for updates.

10. Re: Arriving April 19, tulip status?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 20:17