We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souveniers in Amsterdam

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Souveniers in Amsterdam

Hi can someone tell me where is the best place to look for souveniers in the city? Any flea markets open daily or centalized area for souveniers shopping like keychains & fridge magnets? Cheerios

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,080 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

dam souvenirs

http://www.dutchsouvenirs.com/home.html

flea market-waterlooplein

www.amsterdam.info/markets/waterlooplein/

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

Thanks Steve..This is very useful.Will certainly visit the Waterloopein

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

also check out the noordermarkt on saturdays and mondays----great people watching as well as some cool souveneers-----

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

It's in the same street as Anne Frank Huis right?Great I can drop by the market & luckily I'll be in Amsterdam on Sunday & Monday.Thanks dustmon!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,080 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

yes, on same canal...only down at centraal station end and on the other side

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

Thanks guys.Which route should I begin with from the centrale if I would like to visit all the places from Noordermarkt up to Rijksmuseum & Waterloopien?I plan to spend 1 day in the city & on the 2nd day i plan to take bus to Zaanse Sanche to see the windmills & clog house.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,355 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

I would wander toward the Noordermarkt. The exact route doesn't really matter. Then I would wander toward the Rijks. The exact route, again, doesn't really matter. Then I would wander up toward the Flea Market. You might get lost; It doesn't really matter.

Have fun,

chuck

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

There is a spot next door to the Noordermarkt called de Winkel (I think) and has really good apple cake and hot coffee---great spot to sit in the morning watching all the folk coming and going.....

I dont remember which day it is, but one of the market days, they have all kinds of fresh local cheese for sale......

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

Thanks alot for the info guys!It's just all the interesting places are scattered all over the place.Not sure where to start first but for sure i'll be lost somewhere along the way..Haha.Apple cake & hot coffee?wow it's a good kick star before i start wandering around.thanks again guys

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,080 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Souveniers in Amsterdam

noordermarkt is a saturday market..waterlooplein is every day