We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

We have our air reservations ticketed with Air France (Partner with KLM) booked with Expedia due to price. We have been trying to buy Economy Comfort seats for the long flight from AMS to KGL (Kigili, Rwnada). KLM's website will allow the data, but will not confirm. Air France has been unable to book the seats with a number of varying answers as to why. We do not have a telephone number for KLM in the US. We must call either Air France or Delta. KLM says we must wait until we arrive at the airport which will be 2 hours before, after arriving from CDG via transfer. Of course at that time no Economy Comfort seats will be available. We are open to any helpful suggestions. Our flights are not until the end of May 2013. Thank you.

NL
Level Contributor
841 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

If you are on Facebook, KLM has a page there on which many passengers arrange this. Also Twitter is possible.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,616 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

So when you go to 'Manage my Bookings' are you saying that it will not allow you to upgrade your seat?

Do you have a booking code? you should be able to do this at any time as this is a KLM flight. I just tried it with an upcoming flight but since it is just domestic the aircraft does not have different seating. Should work for you (I also bought tickets from a third party, Tripsta.)

I kinda get the feeling that you are trying to book way too far inadvance. I can't find the details but I think that there is a 60 day limit prior to flying.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

RonaldoC, We do have a Booking Code. When I go through Manage My Booking it will allow me all the way through the system, even putting in my credit card info, then when I hit confirm, an error message pops up. I have tried three different credit cards. Both Air France and KLM via conference call say that it is not too far in advance. But so far KLM has given a number of reasons why this can't be done. At this point I don't think KLM customer service people really understand why this can't be done. There has got to be a way, there always is, just what is it ???

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

I had a similar issue with my KLM booking... I was trying to upgrade seats on on my flights operated by Delta. I was only able to do it on the Delta site. It took a couple of tries before I got it to take my credit card. I had similar issues earlier this year too, ended up paying twice! Delta customer service were able to help that time.

Good luck.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,391 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

Can the agents book the seats over the phone? I don't know why it's not working, but you might try the Air Travel Forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

New York City
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

In the past, I used to be able to get economy comfort through klm.com by following the Manage my Booking link, even when the flight was booked on delta.com (in which case I had to get a different booking confirmation from Delta first to access the booking on KLM.com)

For some reason, this no longer works. KLM seems to only honor bookings done through their own site (90 days in advance up to 48 hours before departure). So if you book anywhere else, you can only do it as of 48 hours before departure through their airport kiosks, by approaching an agent, or when you check in online.

It's really frustrating, but this has been my experience with KLM for the past 3 years and it's only getting worse.

Their Twitter team used to be more useful in the past, but that has increasingly given way to incompetence as well in recent months.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

I always book withKLM directly, apart from one time I used Expedia. On that occasion the manage my booking/my trip showed wrong info and error messages. There was no problem in the end.

I just tried a booking for Sept and I could pick EC seating.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

Tripsta is a dodgy 3 party involve with another company selling flight tickets!

Recently they have cheated me flight starting from Arlanda- Kuala Lumpur sector. They say something and when you agree to pay them as per understanding they completely cheat you once they have your credit card in hand. I would say they are bunch of fraud works there to cheat people. They should be arrested immediately for their dodgy activity.

9. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 11:35
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: KLM Economy Comfort Seats---Getting Frustrated---Need Help

Im am agent and there are several possible reasons here. ..first of all economy comfort seats are not available on ALL flights...your flight may not have them. .have you the right booking reference ? By that i mean the official airline locator not the Expedia reference. ..sometimes Air France and KLM only open up the seat maps 90 days before departure. .i had this problem recently on a flight to Mexico City. .If all else fails ring central reservations in Amsterdam or Paris. You CAN pay by card over the telephone and they will email you a confirmation.