We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aalsmeer/Aalkmaar/Corrie Ten Boom House Transportation

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Aalsmeer/Aalkmaar/Corrie Ten Boom House Transportation

I am afraid I have tourist overload and my mind isn't working well. Please give suggestions as to go from Aalsmeer Flower Market to the Aalmaar Cheese Market and then to the Corrie Ten Boom House.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aalsmeer/Aalkmaar/Corrie Ten Boom House Transportation

think we already gave you directions to aalsmeer flower auction?..alkmaar is a train ride from amsterdam centraal..walk to cheese market..corrie ten boom house is in haarlem i believe?..train from amsterdam centraal to haarlem central.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aalsmeer/Aalkmaar/Corrie Ten Boom House Transportation

Do you really want to do that all in one day?

Just suppose you go early to the Flower auction (50 minutes bus) spend two hours there then take the bus to Haarlem (80 minutes, one change) and then take the train to Zaandam (60 minutes) it means you will be spending almost four hours (including waiting time) commuting on one day.

Anyway, as stated before, use google maps and 9292ov.nl/en to plan your journeys.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aalsmeer/Aalkmaar/Corrie Ten Boom House Transportation

I see now why you're overloading.

You want to see the flower parade floats in Haarlem on sunday, but then the Corrie Ten Boom house is closed, likewise monday.

So it has to be friday, while you have to keep in mind it's open from 10 am to 15.30 pm.

The Flower Auction Aalsmeer will be open at 7am to 11am.

The Alkmaar Cheese market happens only at friday and only between 10am and 12am

Traveling from the auction to the cheese market will take two hours (bus 172 back to Amsterdam then train to Alkmaar unless i'm mistaken) so if you don't want to miss the opening of the cheese market you have to spend less than one hour at Aalsmeer.

And that's not taking into account connection time.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
186 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aalsmeer/Aalkmaar/Corrie Ten Boom House Transportation

You also might want to be careful with Corrie Ten Boom house because they only offer tours at specific times. I went there a couple of weeks ago and had to wait several hours.

5. Re: Aalsmeer/Aalkmaar/Corrie Ten Boom House Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:19