We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ajax Questions

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Ajax Questions

Hi everyone, I have a couple of Ajax-related questions (die hard fan here) for my trip in February:

1. I've ordered tickets for the Den Haag-Ajax game on the 24th through the Ajax travel website. The site (Oad Reizen) still has my order as "processing" on the status page even though I placed the order for two tickets a week ago. Anyone know if this is normal or could there be a mix up/problem with the tickets?

2. I saw on the Ajax website an outline of their training schedule. It also says some of these practices will be open to the public. Since I'd love to get autographs or meet the players, how will I know which training sessions are open to the public? Is it listed somewhere on their site, in the newspaper, ask at the Ajax Experience etc..

3. Can you recommend a good place to watch the Ajax Europa League game? If Ajax draws a nearby team I'll likely make the trip to see them in person, however I'd like a fall back option in case I decide to just watch the match on the TV.

4. Is the Ajax supporter's home open to the public, or do you need to be part of the F-Side or VAK410 (ultras)? I'd love to check it out before the ADO game (provided it doesn't get burnt down by the ADO away support again!)

Thanks for your help!

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ajax Questions

I can answer your first question.

I get my tickets through Oad Reizen and it still says "processing" on the tickets I had from last season.So it's pretty normal at least I think so.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ajax Questions

Thanks for clearing that up. So I guess I just print out the stuff I have from them and show it to them in exchange for the tickets?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ajax Questions

Only trainings on Tuesday mornings are open to the public, unless otherwise noted.

See http://www.ajax.nl/Ajax-1/Trainingen.htm for details

Dinsdag = Tuesday

Open = open to public (duh!)

Besloten = closed to public

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ajax Questions

So in this case there's an exception and the training on Wednesday 12th December is open to the public

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ajax Questions

All you need to do is print the confirmation email you were sent and show that and your passport on game day. Remember that you can pick up your match package 2 hours before kickoff.

Edited: 10 December 2012, 03:01
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ajax Questions

Great, thanks for the help everyone. As it stands I won't be there on a Tuesday so I may have to coax my girlfriend into going for an extra day lol. If anyone has knowledge about the supporters' home please let me know.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ajax Questions

1. Don't know anything about OAD reizen, but what we mostly do is go to the stadium on matchday and buy tickets at the ticketoffice, it is near the mainentrance, and opens I think 2 hours before the match begins.

Mind that for larger games like psv and feyenoord there is no ticketsale on matchday.

Another option is to ask around in pubs where you're drinking to see if anyone knows something because the Amsterdammers/Ajax fans are friendly and willing to help a foreign fan.

3. Many pubs in the red light district, leidsesquare and rembrandtsquare are showing these matches on big screens so it won't be a problem finding one.

4. It is open to everyone.

8. Re: Ajax Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:17