We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with lift

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
263 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with lift

I've been to Amsterdam a few times before with friends but this time I'm taking my grandmother so I need to find a reasonably priced hotel that either has a lift or stairs that aren't steep and narrow. She wants to see the tulips and windmills so we plan on visiting Zaanse Schans and the Keukenhof but what else can you advise for us to do?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,867 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with lift

Look on booking.com for a 4 star or above or bid for a room on Priceline.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,708 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with lift

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

Unless budget is a non issue I would take a quick skim of the last 15-20 pages of this 185 page thread.

That will give you an idea of the Priceline NYOP hotels being won and the price being won at.

You will pay 2x-4x more for a 4 star room by booking direct with the hotel.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with lift

Read the Top Questions at your right about what to do in Amsterdam to give us some directions about your interests.

"How can I see Amsterdam from the water?"

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s409/Amsterda…

tripadvisor.com/Guide-g188590-l306-Amsterdam…

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with lift

Hotel Fita, which is ranked #5, has a lift. I highly recommend it--stayed there a week back in 2011.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
263 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with lift

Thank you for your suggestions. Is there a reason why everywhere is so much more expensive in April?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,708 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with lift

April May June........

It's just a very expensive time to visit.

But weekends will be worse. And queens day should be as well.

April is a very popular month

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
263 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with lift

I've been in April before and it was my favourite time I've been there, guess i'll just have to grin and bare it so my Gran can go see the tulips. Is there anywhere else except Amsterdam you would suggest to stay if we plan on visiting Zaanse Schans and the Keukenhof?

8. Re: Hotel with lift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:17