We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Parking in Amsterdam

Tweed Heads
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Car Parking in Amsterdam

Where is the best, reasonably secure place to park your car in July 2013 at a reasonable cost?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,005 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

here...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c134770/Amste…

there are parking garages in amsterdam center..but it will cost you 30-50 euro a DAY

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

I always leave my car in the suburb Amstelveen for FREE, near the stop for tram 5 and 51 called "Onderuit".

The address of the big parking that is there is Max Havelaarlaan.

Metro 50 brings you in half an hour to Central Station and tram 5 goes through the center of Amsterdam to Central Station.

See here: http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=onderuit+amstelveen&hl=en&ll=52.306548,4.873776&spn=0.006409,0.016512&sll=52.286217,4.85211&sspn=0.205186,0.528374&hnear=Onderuit&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=52.306548,4.873776&panoid=cUysVvaJ4CbcDHaCph8Lzg&cbp=12,17.61,,0,-2.98

Edited: 15 January 2013, 05:45
Tweed Heads
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

Thanks for the advice.

Tweed Heads
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

The free parking looks to be a great option. Thanks!

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

Just make sure you don't have any valuables in the car, but i assume Amstelveen is pretty safe.

There is for instance a free parking lot at the Van de Madeweg metro station which is 10 minutes away from central station but i will never advise anyone to park there overnight.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 11:11
Tweed Heads
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

Thanks for your advice re leaving valuables etc. I certainly wouldn't do that.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,478 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

I park in Noord on Rode Kruisstraat,free and next to the police station. The bus into Centraal station takes 8mins.

If your car has a centre box between the seats I would leave it open same with the glove box, foreign plates cars do attract unwanted attention and leaving it clear that there is nothing of interest within may well save your window from be smashed in.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,751 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

Or just pay Eur 8 per day for the P&R including public transport in and out of town. 24 hour security and piece of mind.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,005 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

i agree with ron..leaving a rental car, or personal car with foreign plates in a "free" parking lot just screams out : "BREAK IN!!"

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Parking in Amsterdam

The change of something like that happening in Amstelveen is rather low...But I do not give personal guaranties :-)