We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flowers / Tulips etc

Fermanagh
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flowers / Tulips etc

Hi

We are heading to Amsterdam for a quick 3 day break in a few weeks.

My wife is very into flowers and gardening, is there anywhere obvious and easy to get to from central Amsterdam that might be worth a visit?

Its not essential but it would be nice to have a few suggestions for when we get there.

One other question, do any of the canal trips offer light meals or snacks? I did a very basic trip on my last visit with a friend, but as im with my wife this time I thought I would try and find out in advance

Thanks

Fermanagh
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flowers / Tulips etc

Thanks for the info, my wife may or may not have known that but its good to know.

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flowers / Tulips etc

You are welcome. Even at the entrance of The Keukenhof they are selling tulip bulbs. They call them water tulips. But this is fake too. New tulip bulbs start growing out of the old bulb AFTER the flower has bloomed. So before the blooming you buy the old tulip bulb which will only rotten in your garden. It's a pitty people still try to make money selling tulip bulbs to the tourist at sprigtime.

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flowers / Tulips etc

When I 1st went to Keukenhof, I noted the varieties of tulips I liked the most, and I ordered on the premises. They were shipped to Canada right in time for planting in the fall. If you are here in time for Keukenhof, you might want to do the same?

Fermanagh
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flowers / Tulips etc

Thanks, unfortunately we are too early for Keukenhof, I should have planned things better instead of just booking flights then deciding what we wanted to do.

15. Re: Flowers / Tulips etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 05:15