We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam 5 days 4 nights Itinerary

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
12 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam 5 days 4 nights Itinerary

Hi, we will be travelling to Amsterdam for 4 nights this coming Apr. Below is the itinerary:

10 Apr (Wed) - Reach Amsterdam about 4pm. Dinner, visit Red light District, sex museum at night.

11 Apr (Thu) - Zaanse Schans half day trip, Amsterdam short walk in the evening (Visit Albert Cuyp market, Heineken Experience, Amsterdam canal cruise)

12 Apr (Fri) - Marken, Volendam and Edam day trip

13 Apr (Sat) - Keukenhof day trip

14 Apr (Sun) - Short walk & breakfast near Amsterdam Centraal, leave Amsterdam in the afternoon.

Can anyone give me some suggestions whether I should purchase any day pass or not?

We actually planned to buy IAmsterdam City Card 24 hrs on 11 Apr when visiting Zaanse Schanse and Amsterdam half day tour, Waterland dagkaart on 12 Apr and Keukenhof combi ticket on 13 Apr.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ivy

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam 5 days 4 nights Itinerary

Hello,

in amsterdan you can visit this places Anne Frank House. The Anne Frank Huis. We do not enter because he had much tail and could not lose much time. Recommended catch the tickets online and try to make the visit early.

Van Gogh Museum. A large collection of works by Van Gogh worldwide. It has many of his major works and well royal visit to see everything we have seen so often in art books.

Bloemenmarkt, flower market, is in the city center next to the Singel canal in the street. It is an area full of stalls selling all sorts of you tulip bulbs and other plants.

Red Light District. The Red Light District. This neighborhood especially lively at night. In it you can see prostitutes on display behind a glass to attract customers, the neighborhood at night is full of "herds" of foreign men celebrating bachelor parties or end of year trips.

Warmoesstraat, Amsterdam gay street with all kinds of local sex shops.

Rijksmuseum. The National Museum of Amsterdam where they have a large collection of his classics.

Dam Square is the most typical Amsterdam square, it is the Palacio Real. If you leave this place down the street that between the Palace and the Church (Nieuwe Kerk), you'll have a small store Christmas ornaments "attached" to the side of the church and on the street in front husto Damrak with Magna Plaza shopping center .... that apart from being very nice inside and has expensive shops have many baths in perfect condition ideal for a stopover if you have an urgent need in the middle of the city.

Coffee Shops. A kind of coffee shop where they let you smoke marijuana and hashish.

Canals and houseboats. Funny how have ended up becoming these barges housing ... some are true luxury with its terrace on the roof and all.

Begijnhof. They are a small group of houses where formerly lived widows who gathered to live in a kind of religious community, were called Beguines. It is a charming place, quiet when you get it out of people and has a couple of small wooden churches built inside houses. When we were visiting this area ... we find Jesus' sister, a college classmate of mine, ... is that the world is very small ....

pedrohttp://viajesdenacho.blogspot.com.es/

more info in my blog

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam 5 days 4 nights Itinerary

To me it seems that you are not going to spend any time in Amsterdam! Is this your first trip?

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam 5 days 4 nights Itinerary

Pedro, I checked out the blog http://viajesdenacho.blogspot.com.es/

There are a couple of important updates where the museums are concerned, but most things are still as you experienced them nine years ago, and the Anne Frank House still has much tail.

4. Re: Amsterdam 5 days 4 nights Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 06:17