We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
139 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

Hii!!

We a group of 3 friends will be visiting Amsterdam this Sept'13.

We are facing a confusion between "THE TOREN" and "SWISSOTEL AMSTERDAM" to stay.

May anyone suggest which one will be a better option in terms of room size and location

Cheers!!!

Redding, California
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

I can't say about the room size, but they are located fairly close together and in the Centrum - so if you are going to visit the tourist destinations, either one will suit your needs.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,807 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

Torn between the Toren and Swisshotel. Toren any day of the week.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

Toren is a far better location.

Swissotel is on the Damrak (the main street from the central station to Dam square).

The Damrak is ugly, noisy and was recently nominated to this forum's list of the top ten things to avoid in Amsterdam. http://goo.gl/CVXh8

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

MrOther (or Ron) -

Any chance of getting that top ten list in the upper right hand corner.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

I would be happy to combine the ideas into a final list, but I'd like someone with more experience to offer two lines of good advice on how to avoid dangerous mixes of drugs (and maybe also how to avoid supporting human trafficking on a visit to the red light district).

Not sure how we exercise our collective editorship when it comes to deciding what is or isn't a suitable "top question".

Thoughts anyone?

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

I was just noticing that that Munich forum has so many Top Questions it's a bit hard to browse through them.

7. Re: Amsterdam Hotel Suggestion!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 07:17