We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
139 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

Hii!!

We are planning a tour to Amsterdam this September. Now, while making the trip, we found we have a gap in a Monday Evening (5:30 p.m to 7:30 p.m). We are thinking to spend the time by going to Anne Frank Museum or by taking a canal tour? May u guys suggest which one will be better option?

Any alternative ideas are also welcome.

Cheers!!!

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,639 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

The walk down Damrak, the main street from there to Central Station. On your right you'll find a number of canal cruise companies. The best/cheapest is Rederij Plas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

Tip from a tourist with 50+ Amsterdam trips over the last 19 years under their belt. "Slow down, man, slow down!"

Amsterdam is a wonderfully relaxed city for the visitor, best enjoyed at a languid pace. By trying to pack as much as possible into your itinerary and being so regimental with your schedule, you're going to see everything but experience nothing.

Yes, the locals might shoot round the city at a hundred miles per hour but by them doing everything so efficiently, it means that we tourists don't have to.

Maybe put visiting a coffeeshop as number 1 on your itinerary. I'm sure that if you do, flying around at a break-neck speed will suddenly seem far less important.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

You call two hours a gap?? You might not finish your previous activity by 6pm and you may need to travel to your next at 7pm. That leaves you with 60 minutes of utter boredom.... during which I suggest you sit on a terrace and have drinks and watch people.

@Silverjet, us locals don't shoot around the city unless we are late for work. But we loooooove taking it slow, and spending lots of time just lazing about in parks and on outdoor terraces, or drinking beers in cafes, or going to cinemas and spending hours there after the movie talking with our friends....

I for one do not understand how someone could consider a two hour gap a gap, or even know it in advance.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 17 April 2013, 20:28
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

I cannot help because I cannot even begin to get inside the head of someone who, five months in advance nota bene, has a vacation planned down to the point that there is a 120 minute gap between 5 and 7 on Monday evening.

I have no plans between 5 and 7 tomorrow evening!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

MrOther, may I suggest a canal tour, and be a tourist in your own city. :)))

Edited: 17 April 2013, 21:53
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

lago: I might just do that ... can't remember the last time I was in one of those things :-)

17. Re: What to do in Amsterdam in Evening!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 06:17