We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,167 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

I want to visit this museum this Thursday or Saturday. Can someone give me updated trip details on how I am going to do this please

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

Oops, this is one for the real public transport experts. It's looking pretty ugly on Google maps.

If I remember correctly, Mrs Other and I took a Green Wheels (https:/…Home) for the day, but that's not an easy option for a visitor.

2. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 21:55
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

Chuck, what on earth did you write which had to be so instantly and dramatically self-censored?

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

I found good directions in a Rick Steves book viewable here on google.

http://tinyurl.com/l93x8sr

5. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 22:01
Edited: 04 June 2013, 22:01
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

Slechte googleverbinding.

Den Haag
Level Contributor
63 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

In the summer months it is somewhat simpler at the weekends.

Get a train from Amsterdam to Apeldoorn. In Apeldoorn the bus station is directly outside the train station. The number 400 bus runs every hour at 18 mins past the hour and goes directly to the Kroller-Muller museum. The bus trip takes about half an hour.

This site covers both the train and bus times. Just enter Kroller-Muller for destination, and either Amsterdam or Apeldoorn as starting point.

www.9292.nl

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,167 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

Thank you all, but netty in particular. This is how I did it last Thursday. First of all the 9292 website has to be the best in the world. I made an account (free). I then put in my to and from, the date, and approximate times. Then when choices came up, I could choose one or two and move them to my account. Then I could go back to my account later and refine my choices. Brilliant! I chose the trains with the least changes. I caught the 0923 (direction Nijmegen) from Amsterdam Centraal - the site even tells you the train leaves from Platform 5. I got off at Ede-Wageningen and walked to the bus station - the site says it will take me 4 minutes! Time for a capuccino at the bus station. I caught Bus 108 (direction Apeldoorn) at 1043, arriving at Rotonde, Otterlo at 1059. Behind is Bus 106 which drops me at the Park gate at 1107.

NB While the bus drops you off at the gate so you can pay, the bus keeps going into the park so when you return, do not sit on the rail where you were dropped off, but go into the park and there's a bus stop about 30 metres inside. Otherwise you will be sitting on the rail and the bus will sail straight past.

The return was 1549 Bus 106 back to Centrum Otterlo, cross over and catch 1601 Bus 105 (direction Arnhem CS) and get off at Arnhem Centraal Station, walk 3 minutes to the station and catch the 1701 Platform 11 back to Amsterdam, arriving at 1807.

A tip. The day before, I took my times to the Tourist Info opposite Amsterdam Centraal station and the lady printed out my itinerary. I also bought my tickets for the 2 trains 13.60 euros out, and 15.80 euros back at the station. You can buy your tickets on the bus - 2 euros each bus. Was it worth the hassle - was it ever!

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Amsterdam to Kroller-Muller Museum by public transport

Thank you Netty. Will let you know how I get on on the9th sept

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply