We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfers from hotel to airport

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Private transfers from hotel to airport

Hi, I am wanting to find a company that does private transfers from our hotel in Amsterdam to the airport. There are 8 of us potentially and I would love to find a recommended company that does not require pre payment.

Any suggestions?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,677 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

Sometimes I get myself in trouble by answering a question with a question but I can't help myself sometimes.

If you were operating a private transfer company in Amsterdam, would you show up a hotel with enough vehicles to transport eight people and their luggage without prepayment (especially when they don't want to prepay)?

Have you asked the hotel?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,287 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

http://www.tcataxi.nl/en/rates.html

They are called taxi's. This is the biggest and most reliable company in amsterdam.

Just make sure that you ask for a vehicle for 8 people plus luggage. No need to prepay, you can pay by card in the cab.

Best to book at least an hour before to get the right vehicle.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

Interesting enough, on TCA's website where you can calculate a price and then move on to a reservation, the maximum number of people they have in the pulldown menu is 6. I wonder if that is to account for luggage or if they only have 6 person vans?

If the OP wants to be absolutely sure about no surprises when the vehicle arrives, especially in terms of space for luggage since it perhaps involves transcontinental travel seeing the OP is from Utah, then I would strongly suggest to the OP that they ask their hotel to make suitable arrangements. Most of the people movers operated by taxi companies are not like the small shuttle buses with seats and a large baggage section in the back.

Edited: 07 June 2013, 10:45
4. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 17:53
Edited: 17 June 2013, 17:53
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

Forgot the webadress for my NB above when making the edit: biosgroep.nl/diensten/…groepsvervoer.html

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,287 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

Or just take two cabs!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

You mean two vans as two cabs won't accommodate eight people with luggage :).. And besides that's not 'gezellig'!

Edited: 07 June 2013, 11:26
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

Sorry, it's been a rough couple of weeks and am just getting back. First, thank you all for the responses. To ddavis1950... I lead group trips all the time and all over the world and have arranged transport on and off cruise ships... to and from airports... and many other things without prepayment. My question was just if it's possible in Amsterdam.

I have gotten a few names of private transfers off the Cruise Critic, but was just checking in here because most of the time I think locals have a better handle on things than people on the Cruise Critic. I have some people in my group that feel better off with a transfer, but I'm not sure that a taxi isn't just as good of an option in Amsterdam.

Can someone tell me the approx. taxi fare from the cruise port to the American Hotel? I know it's not that far, but I don't recall my taxi fare when I was there a few years ago. I know with Amsterdam being a fairly big cruise port as well as an embarkation and debarkation port that there must be some transfer companies out there. If not, there is a really good business plan :)

Thank you.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/amsterdam

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private transfers from hotel to airport

Yea, that didn't work for me. I tried entering in the cruise port and the hotel information and it said "not available in this city"

Maybe someone local could just give me an approx. taxi fare from the cruise port to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport? Please?

Thank you.