We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes shopping in holland

7 posts
Save Topic
Clothes shopping in holland

I am 5ft8 and weigh 74 kgs and I have a large frame. I exercise 4 to 5 times a week mostly running. My size is a 12 sometimes a 10

Whilst on holiday I recently I went shopping to buy a design dress as I'd been saving for ages but was disappointed that the size 12 was to small in breast area as I have 32G?

I have to mention I'm also 42 yrs old

Can anyone advise if designer clothes in holland are small made

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes shopping in holland

Try the shops along the P. C. Hooftstraat.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 21:58
liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes shopping in holland

You appear - at 5ft 8 - to not be small, you say you have large frame - so why ask about small made clothes?

Sorry, maybe I am just confussed

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes shopping in holland

Maybe her question is wether it's common in the Netherlands for designer cloths to be available only in smaller sizes?

Femb, try these adresses for larger size clothing, no idea if they sell designer clothes

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k55366…

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes shopping in holland

I wouldnt think size 10/12 would be considered big; anyway if you are having problems with getting a dress - because of your boobs - then maybe do, as I used to have to, and but skirt and top in differing sizes; C+A although far from designer, do a range of tall clothing, if that helps.

Depends where you are travelling from as to if the designer shopping will actually benefit you price wise,usually I can buy cheaper here in the uk.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,033 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes shopping in holland

wait a sec...32G?

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes shopping in holland

I think the lady just wants to know if clothes have small bust measurements in relation to general size.

7. Re: Clothes shopping in holland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 06:17