We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit cards

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BOURNEMOUTH
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Credit cards

Why don't the bnbs take credit cards? I've been asked to pay cash on arrival which is a bit inconvenient! Also my deposit has to be wired! Can't I just do a bank transfer? Any advice?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Credit cards

And I am sure you can do a bank transfer to the account of the B&B for your deposit. That must be a misunderstanding of the word 'wired'.

BOURNEMOUTH
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Credit cards

Ok will try x thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,593 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Credit cards

By the way not many B&B's in the UK take credit cards either due to the merchant fee's etc. I have seen the same question many times in the UK forum.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Credit cards

That is true, about UK B&B's.

One required a money transfer but when I emailed and asked if it was really necessary for my 1 night reservation they said it was fine without an advance payment and I could just pay on the spot (I think they did accept credit cards on the spot, but not online).

Another one didn't accept cc's either, also trusted me to show up without advance payment, and only accepted cash.

If you feel apprehensive about carrying large amounts of cash then spread it over various places, so in case something gets stolen or lost, you won't lose it all.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 23 June 2013, 00:25
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Credit cards

Hello.

How about Mastercard for paying and withdrawal from ATMS? Guess it will work since it works in both Belgium and Germany but better safe than sorry....

Thanks in advance.

Maria

16. Re: Credit cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:18