We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Topic
amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

Hi, I am saurabh...we about 10 people would like to go for a holiday to Amsterdam but only time we can go is end of November. How is the weather...how are the beaches and can we have a full blast partying in end November...we heard amsterdam is amongst top 10 party cities in the world...so would November be worth....please don't suggest other times of the year as we can't go then...just advise us how November would be...it's a short trip just 4 nights over a weekend....we luv to party hard...are all the sex clubs and the party bars and nightspots open at night ? is it very very cold ? How is the weather in the day and what is there to do in daytime ?

Thanks

Waiting for your replies eagerly

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

weather will probably be cold, windy, with rain occasionally...so come on and party hardy dude!!..get naked on the beach and dive into the north sea

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

I'm not sure if this will be an issue for you, but you guys will be there during Cannabis Cup, which takes place November 24-28. I've not been there in November (only May & July), but am considering a trip there during that same week as it is the only time I will be able to travel to Europe.

Edited: 27 June 2013, 08:37
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

Like Steveftw said, probably cold (probably not yet below freezing), windy, maybe rainy. The humid air here often makes it feel a lot colder than it really is. But just bring the right clothes and you should be fine.

Nightclubs and bars will be open as usual.

What to do in the daytime depends on your likes and dislikes. First read this. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s409/Amsterda…

As party people you may enjoy tours at beer breweries such as Brouwerij Het IJ, Heineken Experience, or at spirits distilleries such as House of Bols, 't Nieuwe Diep.

Red Light District is also operative during the daytime.

Just a tip, be carefull about mixing lots of alcohol and cannabis. Not a good mix. Make a choice for one or the other :-)

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
10,277 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

Cecile -

I have to respectfully disagree. While mixing booze and dope may not be for everybody, I rather enjoy it.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

I think Cecile gave sensible advice. Most people, especially if new to smoking cannabis, have awful experiences when mixing both alcohol and cannabis.

Infact many people find it difficult at first to gauge how much to smoke , never mind mixing it with beers etc ..

Caution is always a good thing! - esp with all those open canals, and for brits, traffic coming the opposite direction to their norm!

Enjoy!!

Edited: 27 June 2013, 20:39
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
15,999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

But if you do fancy a beer with your joint like other civilized adults might I suggest some place like the Cafe Nes.

A grass friendly bar.

There are other grass friendly bars around town.

7. Re: amsterdam in end november ...is it worth ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 06:19