We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

A lot of people were asking if there are smoking sections at the airport in Amsterdam.

Yes, you can. Amsterdam airport has a multiple smoking cages all over the place.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

lol@smoking cages

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,701 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

But are there any coffeeshops?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

And I am old enough to not just remember smoking in the airports. I remember free small cig packs the flight attendants would pass out on the planes.

And you could smoke anywhere n the plane with maybe the exception of the loo.

At 17 on my first flight, going to boot camp, I thought flying was great-----free cigs and free booze.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

I remember that too. Just a silly curtain to 'block' the smoking area on the plane from the non smoking area. UGGH

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

No, there was no smoking nor non smoking area on the planes when I started flying.

No curtain at all.

You smoked anywhere you wanted but the loo.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
276 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

I don't smoke but if I would and I wanted a smoke at Schiphol, I'd do it at the smoking lounge of The Palace Grand Cafe (Grand Cafe Het Paleis) in Lounge 1. It's a beautiful addition to the airport.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 13:52
7. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 16:51
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

I usually have my last smoke,, just outside the airport to the left

9. Re: Smoking at Amsterdam Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 06:22