We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

Greetings again. I just got curious on something i dont find answer as of the moment: is taking photographs with a tripod-mounted camera allowed in amsterdam and or the countryside? I see there is some issues in some cities due to security or considering this as a professional stand...so, i got curious about it. Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,012 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

No why would there be? What security issues?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

I've never heard of a security issue from using a tripod for a camera before.. Unless you are in a warzone maybe??

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

People do it all the time, but it is not allowed (and also no flash, just handheld) in museums like Rijksmuseum or Van Gogh

Atlanta
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

The worst that they can say is "nee" ; )

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

Just to confirm: no problem at all. Photo courses and schools also take their groups outside to practice, with or without tripods. Just be polite about people who don't want to have their picture taken.

If you're into photographing modern architecture you will enjoy EYE Film institute, and KNSM-eiland and Java-eiland.

Cecilia

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 01 August 2013, 15:03
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,207 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

well, dont take pics of nuclear plants, police stations, military installations and the like..you might get challenged there..otherwise, you should be okay..you and million other people will be taking photos in the city

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

Oh those are excellent news. Oh and good advice cecilia, thanks, i will considre for a stop on one of them. I have seen some advices and stuff beforeregarding using tripods and such, but havent really got an answer ablut it ntil now. Great form here will keep more actve around. Thanks all!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

You can reach EYE with the free 5 minute ferry ride from the north side of Central Station to Buiksloterweg (there are different destinations so get the correct one), they go very frequently.

Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

To add, tripods are also not allowed on railway property (like stations). And in general, make sure you don't block the road/pavement. Apart from that, you should be fine.

10. Re: Using tripod for photovraphs in Amsterdam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 06:20