We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel - Bus 197

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel - Bus 197

Hi all,

probably the question you are all sick of hearing but I've had a search on here and find the offical conexxion website / 1292 website confusing...

We are staying in the Best Western Apollo Musueum hotel in early September and are planning to get the 197 bus from Schipol to the hotel.

From what I can see online, the best way would be to get off at museumplein and walk the rest of the journey (15 min walk or so).

Does this sound like the best option or am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks!

Owen

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,654 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel - Bus 197

That is the best option - no question.

I'd put the walk at closer to 5 minutes than 15 btw.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,118 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel - Bus 197

You need to get off at the Hobbemakade behind the Rijksmuseum. not even 5 mins from there

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel - Bus 197

250 meters from that Hobbemastraat stop, 3 minutes. Walk away from Rijksmuseum to PC.Hooftstraat, then right

Tehachapi...
Level Contributor
40 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel - Bus 197

Stayed there last Spring. Nice place, good location. #197 to Museumplein is the route we took. You could stay on the bus a little longer and get off at the Leidseplein stop. (across from the American Hotel)(looks like a castle) Then back track to the Apollo Hotel.

5. Re: Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel - Bus 197

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:16