We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

Provence, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

I bought 4 tickets for a week later than I will be in Amsterdam. Any advice on how I can resell them please? They are for Sunday 18 August, 2013.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

Did you contact the museum? They may allow you to change it for a fee. Not sure where you will be able to resale them. Maybe try Marktplaats the Dutch version on eBay.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,385 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

The website says

Note: Entry tickets are non-transferable and non-returnable. The tickets are only valid for the date and time period you have selected. Expired tickets cannot be used for another date or time period.

However if it was a genuine mistake I would still contact them to see if there is anything they can do.

Provence, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

Hello. Chez Jen here. Thank you for your encouragement to go speak with the Anne Frank office directly. I went there today with a copy of my tickets and they had no problem exchanging them for entrance this morning once I explained my error. They only required that I stand in line, which I had already done, rather than use the priority entrance. There was no additional charge today and I was grateful for their kindness.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,385 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

Good result then. Hope you didn't have to wait too long. Did you enjoy your visit to the AF?

Provence, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

I got there at 8:45am and we arrived at the ticket counter at 9:20. The internet sales agent then slotted us into the 9:45 pre-visit English presentation, which was very interesting for setting the scene. All went much better than I could have imagined. When we left at 11:15, the lines were huge and the visit had been quite crowded at the end. I definitely recommend setting the alarm and getting there early. It was a very moving memorial to the people who hid out there and all the other families like them who got caught up in this terrible moment in history. Highly recommend as part of the visit to Amsterdam.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

Glad to hear that the AF House was so accommodating in changing your tickets.

7. Re: Accidentally bought Anne Frank tickets for the wrong day.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:17