We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycle rickshaw tour

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,532 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Cycle rickshaw tour

Did anybody use this service for a tour around Amsterdam?

A german forumite recommended it on the German (language) forum, 1/2 h 30 euro, 1 h 50 euro/2 persons and she told that it was very convenient for people with mobility problems, pleasurable and informative, because they got into places they wouldn´t have seen without this rickshaw.

But I don´t know if it is appropriate to use these rischkas, I would feel like a slave driver. Of course I know that this is a job and they earn their money with it, perhaps I´m just too biased? I always feel very consoling for those poor guys...

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Amsterdam
Bike Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Friendship Amsterdam
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
We Bike Amsterdam Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycle rickshaw tour

Last time I was in Amstedam I saw one. Would not be my kind of job but I am sure they are only there for that service.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycle rickshaw tour

I'm pretty sure they're built to peddle very easily, also i remember seeing some with a small motor included (probably for the steep uphill bridges along the canals.

3. Re: Cycle rickshaw tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22