We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Palace

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,310 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Palace

I have to admit that I never felt like visiting the Royal Palace, don´t know why, perhaps it´s a shame. But I have noticed that there are not many forumites asking for it, it doesn´t seem to be that poular, although the reviews are pretty good.

Do you think it´s worth a visit some day?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Palace

I went once in 2011, and it was OK. (I think it cost 7 Euro at the time.) I like the history and architecture of the building (the fact that it used to be a town hall), but there wasn't a whole lot to see inside. In my opinion, the most impressive aspect inside is the central hall. A Dutch friend of mine was surprised by my assessment of it, given all of the important ceremonies that take place there. I think I spent 30 Euro at the gift shop, though. :) Unrelated to your question, I do love the outside of it, next to the Nieuwekerk, both buildings forming such a majestic appearance.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 19:22
Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Palace

I've been twice. First time was last year when they had an exhibition about Napoleon and the palace. Second time was last weekend, when the exhibition is about the Palace and Dam Square. I was a bit disappointed this time, because the exhibition was very minimal. The video they show about the history and functions of the Palace and the square was quite good though.

The Palace itself has a nice main hall with a statue of Atlas with the world on his shoulder en some nice rooms. Audio tour is free and gives some nice information.

Since you visit Amsterdam regularly I would keep an eye on what exhibition is going on and go when there is something that interests you. The one about Napoleon was very interesting.

I think €10 is a bit expensive for what it is but if you have a museumkaart I'd definitely go in.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Palace

Thank you very much for your hint about the exhibitions in this palace, I didn´t know it and now I will keep an eye on it.

4. Re: Royal Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22