We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday

Boldon, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday

Hello,

Its my boyfriends birthday on Friday and I've arranged a little get away for us both we are getting ferry Newcastle to Amsterdam Thursday night, and staying over two days then returning home Sunday (arriving Monday). I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what we could do to make his birthday special! It's his 21st too so its a big one.

Thank you in Advance

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday

>>any ideas of what we could do to make his birthday special<<

Keep it clean everyone!! ;-))

A two hour tour of the Tassen Museum would probably be something that he would not forget.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday

yeah ronaldoC, who would forget a very boring mind melting 2 hrs ffs,, go to a show in the redlight

Boldon, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday

I'm not a prude! Haha. Should add that

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday

House of Bols then?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday

How about Prinsengrachtconcert, a classical music concert on the canal with hundreds of little boats and people on the streets alongside? A day after his bday but still... iamsterdam.com/en-GB/experience/what-to-do/w…

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 19 August 2013, 11:53
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday

P.S. it would help if you told us what his likes and dislikes are.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,335 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Birthday

Yeah a classical music concert is what every 21 year old would like for his birthday. I also believe that you can still buy tickets for the last night of the Proms in London next month.He would love that too, right? ;-)

Boldon, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Birthday

I don't think classical music is his thing. He's a typical 21 year old Geordie lad. And we like to go out and have fun, get drunk, the usual. I should have expected some of the replies I suppose ;) might just skip the full trip and wait for Proms in London then, sounds like a good time!

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Birthday

I think it depends on your friend´s taste. Only you know if he is more the romantic "candle light dinner cruise" type, a headbanger and Rock´n Roller, , a disco dancer, a coffeshop user, perhaps for the first time, a culture freak or if he would enjoy a show in the RLD.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,357 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Birthday

Ups, I had a break and missed the previous replies.