We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
28 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

I am a newly retired attorney who will be spending 9 nights in Amsterdam this winter for opera productions at the Het Muziektheater.

I am looking for a 3-4 star hotel within 10-15 min. walking distance of the Muziektheater. Do not want to pay for unnecessary luxury but will pay for quality, convenience, and helpful service and quiet location. Should have an elevator and comfortable writing desk area with WIFI.

Are breakfast buffets generally available in Amsterdam as thy are in Germany? At an extra price?

Note: I did look in the forums first but most of the posts on Amsterdam are several years old.

Thanks much!

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Germany
Germany
Europe
Hotels with free wifi in Amsterdam
Ambassade Hotel
Ambassade Hotel
#3 of 378 hotels in Amsterdam
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
#1 of 378 hotels in Amsterdam
The Toren
The Toren
#2 of 378 hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,093 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

There are lots of hotels around there. Try the Eden Hotel Amsterdam. Breakfast is normally extra and expensive in Amsterdam hotels.

Have you though about apartment rentals

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Amsterdam Inn
Hotel Amsterdam Inn
641 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

I agree with Ron about a flat. If you want a hotel, I like this place. 650 m or 10 minute walk. GREAT area.

http://www.sevenbridgeshotel.nl/cms/

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

Well the Mövenpick is attached to it, you can't get much closer and I guess it must have great views. No idea what it's like on the inside though. I live here so never stayed in a hotel, but can comment on locations if you have questions about specific ones.

DoubleTree is also close but I read some dubious reports about its service, especially after a complaint.

I don't know how far Lloyd Hotel is on foot, always seems like a really nice hotel to me. Google Maps can calculate walking times if you use 'Get directions' and the walking person symbol. (I'm not on a computer now so cannot do it for you and post a link.)

And I guess staying in a more residential area with some restaurants and cafes around could be nicer than there right along the water. And an apartment allows you to do some laundry, and make your own breakfasts instead of having to go out all the time or pay heaps for a hotel breakfast.

Also see the Top Questions on the right: Which area should I stay in; and Can you recommend a cheap hotel (which leads to info about bidding on 4 or 5 star hotels).

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 05 September 2013, 23:33
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

Oops I was thinking of Muziekgebouw aan 't Ij, sorry! Ignore my earlier recommendations please.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
239 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

Hi,

I've stayed occasionally at NH Schiller, which was OK and reasonable value. However, it is NOT in a quiet location. Edwn hotel that was mentioned before is indeed in a quieter location, but I haven't stayed there myself. An even quieter locations is the NH Doelen, but it looks as if it needs a refit (once again I haven't stayed there myself)

Mentioned in this post
NH Amsterdam Schiller
NH Amsterdam Schiller
1,703 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

I guess you wil be going for one of the two complete cycles of The Ring of the Nibelungs, a super production and sadly the last time the famous stage sets can be seen. Afterwards they'll dump them. I once attended such complete cycle, sitting high above the stage. Simply unforgettable.

This is VERY popular. I once sat 5 hours in a row for a last ticket for Götterdämmerung (second cycle) and when it was my turn all tickets were gone.

I also suggest an apartment.

If you google for Apartment Muziektheater you will find a few websites where you can make a booking.

One says how many meters it is from the Muziektheater. Also hotels.

Good luck and enjoy !!

7. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 22:17
8. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 12:43
Edited: 20 September 2013, 12:43
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

Boy. Has this thread been hijacked! :-))

10. Re: Nice hotel in Amsterdam near Het Muziektheatre?

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 12:43