We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

Am thinking of taking in the Christmas circus show at the Carre theater the last night that I will be in Amsterdam for my business trip mid-December. Has anyone been to the Christmas circus show or eaten at the Carre theater restaurant? Did you enjoy the show or restaurant? Any advice about seating? Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

Reviews about the restaurant here, use Google Translate: iens.nl/restaurant/…recensie

And a few about the performances here, page 2 contains something about Christmas. I have no idea if it's similar every year. tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Maryland
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

I have been to several other performances at The Carre, not the Christmas, though, and I found them to ALL be way above in all aspects, the music, the performers, the sets were all spectacular, in some cases phenomenal. Nothing small town about any of the shows. I always show up at the last minute, looking for a single seat, and have always gotten a superb seat, usually an isle, right up front. I have never been turned away, even when the performance is "sold out". I think my last minute seats were reserved for handicapped and went unsold.

Enjoy,

Sandy

East Coast
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

We will be in Amsterdam over the Christmas holiday this year and have been interested in seeing the traditional circus at the Carre, too. During previous trips have been to many shows there and had always purchased our tickets on line thru their web site - but once we did do a last minute walk up ticket purchase and had great seats, so I think either option is possible. We did have a drink at the restaurant before one of the shows and had a lovely view from an atrium type of window that overlooked the Amstel. They also offer a pre-show package that includes dinner I believe. This will be our first time in the NL during December and it will be a nice change to go for an off tourist season visit.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

Hi -

I've been to the Kerst circus in Carrè a few times now and always enjoyed it. I have not eaten at the restaurant though. Be aware the ringmaster talks in Dutch !

Enjoy - MMK

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

Thanks everyone. With your positive feedback and that of my B&B, have gone ahead and booked a ticket to the show. It is only 7 minutes walk away from the B&B. My B&B encouraged me to get the ticket ahead of time: "We went to the Christmas Circus last year and it was wonderful, quite artistic. We were in the first balcony which was great. No trouble walking home from there. I'm not sure about the tickets, it certainly would not hurt to get one sooner rather than later, as the circus is a big attraction, and I believe the 19th is the beginning of the Christmas break." Indeed, for the first night of the Christmas show, it appears that most of the seats are already taken.

For those who are interested in purchasing tickets for this theater, first open up a google translate page so that you can cut and paste the instructions. The website switches from english to dutch once you start purchasing a ticket. Also, need to hit the enter key once you add your credit card information (there is no "button" to click on to complete the purchase). The "best" seats are second tier at 54 euros including the surcharge for having your ticket emailed to you. The ticket I got was balcony central.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

I think Carre's webmaster would be happy if you send them that feedback about the little glitches on their website.

Have fun at the show!

7. Re: Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 18:42
8. Re: Carre theater Christmas Circus show and restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:18