We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

s f
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

Hello, I have a question about traveling back to Schiphol on early Monday 16 Dec. If I read correctly the Direct Train will not be running at that time. I will have to goto Platforms 13,14,15?? Will the train that docks at these platforms have markings that will say Amsterdam Sloterdijk. Also, as I "de-train" and look for the bus to Schiphol how far is the walk from the train platform to bus stop that goes to Schiphol. (Is this bus/stop clearly marked?) Thanks so much for the help!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

Where are you coming from in town? It may be quicker/easier to take the direct 197 bus.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

And according to the NS overview of track works and planned disruptions and travel planner service is normal on December 16 at 6 AM with all the usual direct trains from Central Station. Perhaps you're confused with this coming weekend?

s f
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

Thanks so much for the responses. I looked at the top questions about Arriving and departing Schiphol and I have mis-read about railway closures . Riding the direct train(which is available that day) will make the journey back to airport all the easier.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

I see your confusion Shreveport.

As of Sunday 15th December the train schedule for 2014 will be in operation. NS have announced that from that day onwards, there will indeed be no direct trains at night between Amsterdam Central and Schiphol Airport on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays due to large scale engineering works. This situation will last at least until early December 2014. The first direct train on those days (Mo, Tu, Wed) will be the one departing from Amsterdam Central at 5:13am. All nightly journeys before 5:13am require one transfer to a replacement bus from Amsterdam Sloterdijk to Schiphol Airport. So Shreveport, you will be OK with your 6am departure.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

Eh, I meant S F of course. Sorry about that ;)

s f
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

Thanks again, Can't wait to get there.....looks like pretty good temps and weather next week!!!

7. Re: Traveling back to airport 16 Dec 0600-no direct train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:16