We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GP Amstel Houseboat

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
234 reviews
Save Topic
GP Amstel Houseboat

Just wondered if anyone has stayed in the GP Amstel houseboat rented out by houseboats.nl/house-boats/gp_amstel_river/

Any thoughts on the company? Is it reputable?

What about the location?

Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

Hi, I stayed in the GP in January 2014, it was amazing! It was really close to the tram so very easy to get to city centre, supermarket also very close. The houseboat was fabulous, a lovely really modern apartment on a boat. There was only two of us but this houseboat would be ideal for a family with two lovely bedrooms and really nice modern bathrooms! The kitchen had everything you would need. Overall we had an amazing stay here and would definitely recommend it!

2. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 17:43
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,352 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

Its a nice part of town and not that far out at all. In fact no further than my place is (I live at the other end of the Ceintuurbaan). tram 4 will take you right into town in 5 minutes past the Rembrandtplein and tram 3 to Museumplein.

I just noticed your post is over a month old so this might be irrelevant.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

Woops I misread the location... my bad

Edited: 31 January 2014, 15:41
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,352 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

LOL Lenny. I was wondering what bus you were meaning. Only the nightbus near there.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

The linked web page didn't render properly on the phone and I only saw their location at the Verbindinsdam at the foot of KNSM... Will delete the post since its like bad fish.. no good for consumption.. hahaha

Level Contributor
12 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

Hi, I am looking to book this houseboat, does anyone know the exact location? The map on their website isn't very good.

Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,352 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

I would say approximately Amsteldijk 83, 1074 Amsterdam. Put that into google maps. There are houseboats all along there so difficult to say an exact one. Nice area.

Level Contributor
12 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

Thanks RonaldoC!

Does anyone know how to book the GP Amstel Houseboat? I tried email them on info@houseboats.nl but the email went to admin@houseboatrentals.nl and they said the website isn't theirs...and their phone number doesn't work.

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GP Amstel Houseboat

I Booked direct via the website.

houseboats.nl/house-boats/gp_amstel_river/