We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Keukenhof

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to Keukenhof

Hello,

I've got a few questions on the Combi ticket. In the Keukenhof website, the "Combi Ticket Adult Amsterdam" is 28euro, this is the one with the 'pickup point' at Leidseplein (in Amsterdam) right? While if we take the "Combi Ticket Adult Schiphol / Leiden / Haarlem" (23euro) we'll have to get to Schiphol airport on our own, to board the 858 bus right?

We'll be staying in a boathouse near Centraal. Which combi ticket is better/more convenient/faster for us?

I checked the 9292.nl site for the tram ride from Centraal to Leidseplein is 1.20euro, while the train ride from Centraal to Schiphol is 4euro. Is this price with or without the Chipkaart? Don't think we will be taking enough buses/trams for us to get a Chipkaart.

Do we need to book the Combi tickets in advance? Can we buy the Combi ticket on the day we plan to do the day trip? Any price difference if we book online or buy on the spot?

Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,646 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Keukenhof

Hi again,

1] Costwise probably the one from Schiphol. Take train to there.

2] With train no difference in price with/without chipcard, with tram and bus big difference: it's 2.80 euro for a single ride.

3] No need to book in advance BUT sales points in Amsterdam are quite limited hence Internet booking might still be better. They're not date-tied AFIK so you can decide which day to use it later.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Malaysia
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Keukenhof

Hello again ErikdR,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where in Amsterdam can we buy the Combi tickets? Can we buy it from Centraal Station?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,646 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Keukenhof

Hi again,

Can't find that info anymore at the Hof website. It used to be at some ticket office near Leidseplein and sometimes VVV at Central (long queues!), but that might have stopped in favour of online sales. At airport Connexxion tours desk they are for sure still available.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Keukenhof

I bought my combi-ticket online and printed it out at home. It does not lock you into a certain day or time. I've just have a one-night layover on my return from Africa to the US so I want to have the ticket in hand. I'm staying at the CitizenM at Schiphol so it will be easy to get the 858 bus from there.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Keukenhof

Hi,

Thanks, I guess we better get it online.

Thanks again! :)

6. Re: Day trip to Keukenhof

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:17