We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Netherlands OR Belgium

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kroonstad
Level Contributor
169 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Netherlands OR Belgium

Please help!! We have 2 days to visit EITHER Netherlands OR Belgium!! Which would you choose to show pupils aged 15 who will never again get the chance to visit any of these 2 countries again?! We use public transport only

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,352 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

>>show pupils aged 15 who will never again get the chance to visit any of these 2 countries again<<

If they are only 15 how do you know that? Anyway what do you want them to see? Far too open ended a question to answer.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,234 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

You can't go wrong with Amsterdam.

There is so much to see and do in an easy to walk safe city.

I have taken my own kids. If I live long enough I hope to take all my grandkids.

It's a great city , great walking, easy to use public transportation. Great museums like the Van Gogh or Riks. Great public parks.

Just great in general

But then Amsterdam seems to be the only place I go. I may not be the most unbiased person to answer.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

amsterdam...duh

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

Definitely Amsterdam!!!!!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

Ek sal defnitief Amsterdam aanbeveel. Dit is n stunning plek en Nederland n heerlike land om in te toer. Eet soute haring, krokette en poffetjies (klein pannekoeskies met botter en versiersuiker)

Enjoy

Dordrecht, The...
Level Contributor
476 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

I live in the Netherlands, and generally speaking, I find our public transport better than that in Belgium, but places like Bruges have their charm too. I doubt you can go wrong with either choice.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,383 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

Let the 15yo's do some online research and come up with their preferences

Kroonstad
Level Contributor
169 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

Thank you for the replies! En dankie vir die Afrikaanse antwoord nelleke4515 ! Ek is ook in SA en was lekker om die Afrikaans te sien. Het jy daar gewerk/gebly - in Nederland?

9. Re: Netherlands OR Belgium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:16