We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keukenhof - book tickets online?

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
702 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Keukenhof - book tickets online?

Is it best to book tickets online for the Keukenhof? I don't want ot take a tour and plan on visiting the gardens using public transport. Are there long lines to buy tickets at the sight? I will be in Amsterdam in April.

Thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,068 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keukenhof - book tickets online?

Hi there,

Main reason for prebooking is the cost savings compared to separate entry and bus tickets. That, and indeed the sometimes long lines, are very good reasons to buy over Internet. The same combi tickets are for sale at a few tourist office outlets in Amsterdam (CS and probably also Leidseplein) and at airport, but not easily accessible and with their own queues at times - hence if you can, do online.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keukenhof - book tickets online?

Unless you are traveling on Easter weekend or on Parade weekend there is hardly a line for buying tickets at the Keukenhof. You can get some discount buying transport and ticket together. See the Keukenhof guide at the top questions for more information.

Nina

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Keukenhof - book tickets online?

Thanks for the replies.

I am confused, I will buy a 72 hour unlimited tram/bus pass to use in Amsterdam once I arrive. Can I use this pass to travel to Schipol and then use a Combi ticket from Schipol to the park?

Also, is it possible to buy food once inside the park> I am now thinking of going on either the first or second full day I have in Amsterdam subject to weather.

Thanks.

Edited: 09 March 2014, 18:55
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keukenhof - book tickets online?

Yes you can use the unlimeted pas on GVB busses to the airport. (not valid on the train) Please read this visitors guide as mentioned in post #2 all transport related questions are answered there under the header What’s the best way to get there? See tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g188553-c132284/The-Ne…

And there are several restaurants, cafe's and snack corners on site of Keukenhof. And you can also bring your own drinks and snack and have a picknick on the benches in the grass next to the windmill.

And if you want to know what flowers are in bloom please follow this thread with the weekly update: tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k725859…

Nina

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,068 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keukenhof - book tickets online?

Well there is exactly one GVB bus to the airport and it's very inconvenient for most hotels, as it runs on the west side of town (#69). So basic answer is NO. However there are two types of combitix: one from Schiphol and the other from Amsterdam. The latter includes using bus 197 which goes from Leidseplein-Museumplein area to Schiphol, there you transfer to the 858 bus to Hof.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Edited: 09 March 2014, 19:57
Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Keukenhof - book tickets online?

Thanks for your help, Nina.

I've been reading online about Keukenhof and Amsterdam. I found this article on TA,

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g188590-s301/Amsterdam…

which tells me that the GVB pass isn't valid on bus 197.

Editied to add:- was typing at the same time as ErikR.............thanks for clarifying the transfer from town to the airport. I will need to buy a combi ticket with transport from Amsterdam.

Edited: 09 March 2014, 20:04
7. Re: Keukenhof - book tickets online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:20