We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charming hotel for single traveler

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Charming hotel for single traveler

I'll be in Amsterdam for 2-3 nights in late May, arriving at Central Station. I'm looking for a hotel near the canals that has some charm, ideally under €150 per night. I've seen the information about using Priceline NYOP but I'm not sure how charming the hotels are.

Mauro Mansion is available but is a bit more than I'd like to pay. Hotel Fita also looked good. Any other suggestions? I have no problem staying in a place without an elevator and I don't need air conditioning.

Thanks!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

In my research (have not traveled to Amsterdam yet) Hotel Brouwer looked interesting. It appears to have the charm you may be looking for and fits your budget.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

I stayed at the Hotel Fita and it is a nice neighborhood, but it's not on a canal. Have you looked at B&Bs or www.airbnb.com?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,051 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

The hotel Brouwer for. May 2015 maybe? If you are lucky.

Far to late for 2014 unless your call comes in right after a cancelation.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

If you get the Brouwer bring ear-plugs.. it's very noisy with the scooters zooming up and down the canals 20 hours per day :/

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I've moved my dates to June. Since this is a solo trip, I decided a larger hotel with more activity might suit me better, so I tried PL NYOP. My low bid of $80 was rejected as I expected. I'll keep looking. So far I've focused on the canal area but perhaps I'm widen my search.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

www.thetoren.nl/index.php…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

if you widen your search i would extend only to city center, also try booking.com

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

Hotel Wiechmann, Hotel Sebastians?

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

You should browse through the main hotel reviews on TA and see what takes your fancy. You can then of course come back with further questions.

10. Re: Charming hotel for single traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:23