We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

Hello,

I am going to visit Amsterdam and I want to buy a discount card. There are a few discount cards in Amsterdam. The Amsterdam Discount Card (€25 including van Gogh ticket) and the I am Amsterdam Card (€47) are the most populair I heard. Does anyone has experience them??

Thanks!

Ney, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

s

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,048 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

>>The Amsterdam Discount Card <<

Can you post a link to this, Not heard of it

Ney, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

Hey Angie

I was in Amsterdam and I bought the Amsterdam Discount Card. It is by far the most variated and cheapest Discount Card in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam Discount Card (€25): Free entrance van Gogh museum, happy hour, discounts at: canal cruises, dining, tours, clubbing, museum. I earned my Amsterdam Discount Card back in just one day. I went to the van Gogh museum and get on the canal cruise with €3 discount, after that I went to Belushi's for the happy hour and had a great time with my free drinks :). The Amsterdam Discount Card is valid for 6 months, so the next day I did the same :)

You also have a Amsterdam Discount Card for €10 only difference is no van Gogh ticket included but you still get discounts at: drinks, clubbing, dining and tours. I Really recommend the Amsterdam Discount Card!

I am Amsterdam Card is also nice, but expensive (€47) and only valid for a day! And you don't get free drinks..

www.amsterdamdiscountcard.com www.iamamsterdam.com you can compare for yourself

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,048 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

Ok for €10 I suppose it is ok. About the only bar/restaurants I would use it for myself would be Coco's and maybe the Balti bar but like all these things you need to remember that you would be limited to going to places listed on the card to get discounts. If you look on the IENS site you can get good deals without paying for a discount card.

The discount for the Greyline canal tour is mute because at €15.50 they are one of the most expensive anyway. http://www.rederijkooij.nl/tarieven.php are only €10 so even with the discount cheaper than Greyline. By all accounts a better tour also.

As for the Van Gogh you can buy tickets online and you are not saving anything with this card. Not trying to put you off but you can also look at the Holland pass which is not time dependant.

All this really depends on what you intend to do whilst in the city.

Ney, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

That's true, but if you are going to buy a Discount Card in Amsterdam, the Amsterdam Discount Card is by far the most variated and cheapest. And it is the only Card you will earn back in just one day. So for just €25 avoid the queue at the van Gogh get free drinks and discounts in over 60 restaurants without searching on the internet is good for me! They also give you a free map of Amsterdam with all the places on it where you can get your discounts. But if you don't want a Discount Card at all, then your options are better, but you have to search for it, most tourist don't know Amsterdam that good, and also the places where you can get discount are located in the center near all the hostels, hotels en B&B.

Holland pass is great also if you want to see other city's, but I only stayed in Amsterdam, so Amsterdam Discount Card the cheapest and most variated by far

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,048 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

Absolutely. not knocking this card at all. First time I heard of it though. Do you know when they started? I am guessing only last month since that is the first post on their Facebook page.

Might get one myself just for the 30% discount on the food in Coco's which is my "local". Miss Korea is also very good. I guess they will get more places on board in time.

Do you know if the discounts are per person in the restaurants i.e. does everyone need to have a card or can the bill payer get discount on the whole bill? Can't seem to find that out on the website.

Ney, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

The only thing I know that the card is personal, so the one whit the card can get discounts.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

If you used your Amsterdam City card to gain free acess to Van Gough Museum did you have to queue? Or was it 'straight in'?

9. Re: Amsterdam Discount Card or I am Amsterdam card??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2015, 07:16