We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing now for Amsterdam. Weather?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Packing now for Amsterdam. Weather?

I have been tracking weather conditions online and it appears weather is cool and rainy most days. Have not been in April before and we are preparing for a range of temps and possible rainy conditions. Does it get chilly enough in the evenings for gloves? scarves?

Can anyone there now comment? I ask because I know looking at our local forecast the predictions are often wrong.

Likely To Sell Out
Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields...
1,722 Reviews
from US$74.20*
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Volendam...
2,389 Reviews
from US$74.20*
Skip-the-Line Rijksmuseum Amsterdam...
12 Reviews
from US$22.00*
Special Offer
Zaans Schans Windmills, Tulips...
454 Reviews
from US$124.60*
US$148.50
The Netherlands
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing now for Amsterdam. Weather?

Not sure when you are traveling but the weather for the next few days is wonderful! wunderground.com/global/stations/06240.html

Very nice temperatures, lots of sunshine and no rain forecasted. Bring a weatherproof jacket (wind/rain proof) and layers of clothes and you will be fine. For me no scarves and gloves at night but if you are used to warmer weather you might want to bring them.

Nina

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,658 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing now for Amsterdam. Weather?

you seem to be from Florida, correct? It will not get over 8 or 9C in the evening after the sun goes down. Since you will be used to much higher temperatures bring layers. I still need gloves and a warm jacket on my bike at night so I suspect you will be bloody freezing. was walking around in a t-shirt last week though.

Weather looks really nice for April though so far but remember weather forecasts more than a few days out are just predictions not fact.

Wind speed and direction can also dramatically affect how cold or mild it feels.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing now for Amsterdam. Weather?

Take it from a fellow Floridian who was in Amsterdam last April, take a pair of gloves and a scarf.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing now for Amsterdam. Weather?

ddavis, thanks and yes, I think I will!

5. Re: Packing now for Amsterdam. Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:16