We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

We are after two rooms for 2 nights, one room to sleep 2 and one room to sleep 3. Our budget per room is about 60 Euro a night maximum and we must have our own bathroom and be in walking distance to key sites.

Can anyone suggest anywhere?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,217 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

Another city maybe? Seriously though, a room for 3, or even 2, with own bathroom and walking distance to key sites? Doubt it.

Even if you look for a 5 or 6 bunked bed private room in a hostel with private bathroom you will be talking more than €120 a night. For example this is one of the cheapest I can find - hostelbookers.com/property/… You have to take all 6 beds, bunk beds, but you get a private bathroom for €144 a night. Or in the same place, one room for 4 with en-suite and one room for 1 en-suite you're still talking €159 a night. For around €140 - €150 a night you could find a bunked bed room with ensuite for 5 or 6 people in a hostel or very cheap hotel (Vivaldi Budget Hotel for example). Do yourself a favor, more a "reality check" unfortunately and check out Booking.com, put in your needs, 2 rooms & 5 people, in the search and then sort by price and you'll see what I mean.

People claim that for around $100 (+/- €75) you can score a 4* room via Priceline bidding. So maybe a 3* or 2* might be possible via Priceline. There is a gigantic thread on the forum about bidding for a hotel in Amsterdam that you may want to check out - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

If you do that, you can limit yourself to reading the most recent 10 - 20 pages.

Good luck!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,049 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

Good luck with your search. When exactly do you want to visit? I am guessing over a weekend. I do agree with Lenny that you might need a reality check here especially when you don't want to pay more for a triple room than a double. You say €60 max so I'm guessing you actually would like to pay less than that.

60 would barely get you a flea pit double with shared bathroom. Even the Easyhotel midweek is around €80 per night for a twin.

I hope you find something. Try the Crystal or King hotel.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

Are one of those 3 a child?

Because even with PL it's only a two person room you will win? Not a 3. A child would be ok though.

Where to find the absolutely cheapest room in Amsterdam? Not a cheap room. The cheapest. And ensuite?

I believe as Lenny has said above a bed in a dorm may be the way to go unless your dates are a non weekend in the dead slowest off season winter.

Then maybe something close for your budget?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

Maybe just go to a booking site like booking.com and run a search for one star hotels only.

Then do some checking for your dates.

All you lose is some time

It might help some if you mention the ages of those looking for a room.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 12:37
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

You'd even be lucky to find a hostel bed for that money.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

Is that 60e per person per night? If so 120 - 180 euros a night would be ok; 3 beded rooms for 3 adults are a little harder to find in budget accomodations though, not so difficult for 2 plus child;

We have stayed at the Westcord city centre with that combination, us in a 2, and our friends along with their adult daughter who has learning disabilities so could not stay in a single alone. We got it at 80e and 120e per night respectively, though was midweek not weekend. It is also sometimes featured as a 'secret' hotel with lastminute.

Good luck

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

I have stayed many a night in a cheap hotel with steep stairs, no lift, and loo and shower down the hall.

I did not look forward to that adventure

But it was no big deal

Ensuite? Not a remote chance at that budget is my guess.

Knock that one off your list

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

Juejosh

"Our budget per room"

It's not per person

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

you may ( or may not) find something on airbnb.com

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Rooms 5 adults - Cheap

Thanks, we found the Van Gogh Hostel in a private room for 6 with ensuite worked out at £300 total inc taxes. Easy hotel was slightly cheaper for 3 rooms of 2 but the location of Van Gogh was better.

Actually better than two rooms all of us being together.