We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disembarking Amsterdam from River Cruise

australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Disembarking Amsterdam from River Cruise

I have used this web site

9292.nl/en/… found that I can use Tram no 5 and it is a 4 minute walk, however my query is given that it says it may have missing pedestrian paths, it is really as easy at the map indicates?

and the second question is will I be able to purchase ticket at tram stop or on tram? thank you

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,050 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disembarking Amsterdam from River Cruise

Perhaps if you re-potsed where you need to go and which cruise (they depart/arrive from different parts of the waterfront) then we might be able to help you out.

Tram 5 leaves from Centraal Station but then so do most other tram lines. Yes you can buy tickets from the driver/conductor

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disembarking Amsterdam from River Cruise

Assuming you will be leaving your luggage on the ship: yes it is that easy. Rivercruises land close to Central Station, where all the trams are as well

And yes you can buy a ticket on the tram, either with the driver, but preferably with the conductor who sits in the second half of the tram.

Tram 5 suggests you want to go to one of the big Museums?

3. Re: Disembarking Amsterdam from River Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16