We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to travel by train and bus

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest way to travel by train and bus

Hi,

I will be in Amsterdam with my wife and 2 kids. I want to use the public transport to minimize my travel cost. My plan is to Visit Hague, Rotterdam, Zaanse Schans etc.

Please suggest me the best options. Do you think 'Holland Pass' is the cheapest options or I just buy individual tickets.

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,248 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to travel by train and bus

Hi there,

Holland Pass simply is a multipurpose pass that includes optionally a GVB pass for _local_ transport in Amsterdam (or other towns). No train no longdistance bus.

For train it's paper tickets as there are no discounts for tourists generally. ZS can also be done by train. For long distance bus if that's relevant for you, e.g. Volendam/Marken and also ZS, there are day passes like the Amsterdam + Region day pass or the Waterland pass.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: Cheapest way to travel by train and bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:16