We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European River Cruises

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
74 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
European River Cruises

Hello there, my husband and I are planning a river cruise in Jul/Aug 2015. One that appeals is Amsterdam to Budapest. We have read many reviews and are completely confused about which line to sail with. We would like to hear from people who have sailed along European Rivers; which company you sailed with along with pros and cons.

Is there any benefit in Amsterdam Budapest vs Budapest Amsterdam?

It seems there is no stand out company, if we believe the reviews we've read. Just when we begin to favour one company, we find a very disparaging review.

Is July/Aug a good sailing time? Unfortunately we are a limited with times due to work commitments but would like to know what to expect at that time of year.

Help us decide please, your experiences will be most welcome.

Thank you in advance

Ann

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European River Cruises

I think this will be a better forum for you to get the information you're looking for:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

Melbourne
Level Contributor
74 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: European River Cruises

Thank you Ddavis, we've read Cruisecritic and find it somewhat helpful. We'd now like to hear from people who've travelled with various companies and weigh up their thoughts.

Cheers

Ann

Canada
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: European River Cruises

The forums on cruise critic will have more info than here. Are you looking at the right plane on CC?

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: European River Cruises

TripAdvisor also has a cruise forum. You may not get actual persons who have done river cruises on the A'dam forum. Try the Budapest forum as well. Personally I would Google the companies and their parent companies for as much info as possible. Do not dismiss the negative reviews and DO dismiss any positive review from a one time poster.

Cheers,

Sunny

Melbourne
Level Contributor
74 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: European River Cruises

Thanks for your advice Sunny. I will also post to the Budapest Forum. We are learning a lot about Cruise companies and yes, parent company knowledge is important.

Much appreciated.

6. Re: European River Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 06:16