We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
Level Contributor
33 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

We're back in Amsterdam in two weeks, can't wait! I've been dreaming of rijstaffels pretty much since I left after my last trip 7 years ago :) what's the best place to go these days please?

I liked the look of Blauw but it seems pretty far out of the centre and as we're only there for two nights I think staying central is best.

Thanks in advance

Weejoey

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

Hi,

Check this recent topic for advice: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k73021…

Edited: 28 April 2014, 14:47
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

You can also search for rijsttafel in the searchbox above your post, many recent topics. Ask questions if you have any.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 14:50
edinburgh
Level Contributor
33 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

Thanks! I did do a quick search but could only find quite old threads so that is really helpful.

Cheers

edinburgh
Level Contributor
33 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

We went to Kantjil & de Tijger and it was fantastic! Just as good as I remembered :) I just wish they'd open one here...

Thanks for your help

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

weejoy - Were all the dishes spicy? We are bringing my mom with us and she does not have a spicy diet. Were you able to request less/no spice on certain dishes?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

@ Weejoey, after the search you can sort the threads by date. You can also do a search for the misspelled 'rijstafel' which also comes up with results.

@ Travelbugmississauga, many dishes in a rijsttafel are spicy... there are a few less spicy ones but I don't know if that will be enough for your mother. The ones that are not 'hot' spicy may still contain various herbs.

Edited: 12 May 2014, 21:03
Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

Thanks Cecile74. I think we will have to pass this visit. Too bad as we would have liked to experience a rijsttafel.

8. Re: Decent Indonesian/rijstaffel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:16