We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I transfer train in 2 minutes at Rotterdam Central

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Can I transfer train in 2 minutes at Rotterdam Central

I plan to take IC 932 from Amsterdam Central to Rotterdam Central and transfer to IC 1225 to Brussels. IC932 arrives at Rotterdam at 12:06 and IC 1225 leaves Rotterdam at 12:08, which means I only have two minute transfer time. Has anyone made the same connection before? It is possible for me to make the connection?

I am a tourist and do not know the area and local language.

Thank you in advance.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I transfer train in 2 minutes at Rotterdam Central

Yes. More than likely the connection will be on the same platform. You can always catch the next one if you miss it.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,724 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I transfer train in 2 minutes at Rotterdam Central

Amsterdam is Amsterdam in the local language. Say that while pointing at the train on the opposite platform and if the person nods you're laughing.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,623 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I transfer train in 2 minutes at Rotterdam Central

And as this is to Brussels, with only one train every 1-2 hours, YES you are entitled for the next train also BUT it is better to plan an earlier train Amsterdam-Rotterdam just to be prepared for slight delays. Otherwise quite a wait...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I transfer train in 2 minutes at Rotterdam Central

I personally would never take that traject with only 2 minutes to spare. It happens just often enough that a train is 2 minutes late, which unto itself is negligible unless you only have a 2 minute transfer time. I too would take a train to Rotterdam 15 minutes earlier.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I transfer train in 2 minutes at Rotterdam Central

Thank you all for your replies. I will take an earlier train from Amsterdam to Rotterdam.

6. Re: Can I transfer train in 2 minutes at Rotterdam Central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:16