We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner tomorrow night

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner tomorrow night

We are getting in about 9pm, anywhere to go for dinner after 9.30pm???/

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,372 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

Thought that was an invitation. Where are you getting in? Which part of the city?

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

http://www.febodelekkerste.nl/

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,560 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

Cafe de Jaren's kitchen is open till 10.30 PM although I would suggest you be seated there by 10 PM. It is centrally located near the Munt/Rembrandt Square map: https://goo.gl/maps/ihp0P

And here is an overview of several places that are open late until 11PM and some much later. The list includes ddavis' suggestions as well. iamsterdam.com/en-GB/…20dining

McDonald's will also be open late.

Edited: 04 May 2014, 21:13
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

we are staying near the rail station Zuid

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,372 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

Citizen M? OK well you might find something locally on the Beethovenstraat. There's a Goucho's Steak place which seems to take reservations until 22:30 and a Chinese next door. Both walking distance. There's a few eateries on the street.

Otherwise take tram 5 to the Leidseplein and you will find lots of places open around there. Also on the Van Baerlestraat there's a few places to eat. Once of them, De Knip is open until after midnight. F0r the best steak in town Cafe Loetje should still be open at that time. Again tram 5 or walk.

You won't go hungry

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,531 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

frommers.com/destinations/amsterdam/restaura…

I usually have the munchies late at night so it's possible those munchies effect my reviews------but I have always found this a good late might place to eat. Lots of food for not all that much $$$.

Open quite late.

Edited: 04 May 2014, 22:06
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

I am intrigued by Febo, any good?

Thank you all for your help

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,560 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

Febo can best be categorized as "fast food" with a Dutch twist. Most of the food is purchased with coins "out of the wall" like in a 60's/50's style automat ( …wordpress.com/2013/08/amsterdam-train-stati… ). Besides hamburgers there is a whole host of mostly deep fried Dutch snacks like croquettes, deep fried chicken sticks, deep fried rice 'bamischijf' ( www.febodelekkerste.nl/catalog/… ), something called frikadel (deep fried spiced beef/chicken sticks - www.febodelekkerste.nl/catalog/… ). You can see visuals of the whole selection here: http://www.febodelekkerste.nl/catalog/

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
821 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

Thank you for all the ideas.... we ended up on a tour of the Red Light District and as it was late when we finished we had frites dutch style ;)

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner tomorrow night

Should have gone to FEBO.