We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

Hi,

Me and my partner have a campervan and are driving from Berlin to Amsterdam over the space of 7 days. We are wondering if there is anywhere we MUST see. Does anyone have any advice about perfect parking spots? We know Berlin and Amsterdam are going to be a problem for parking so are only spending one day in each city.

Thanks

Zwolle, The...
Level Contributor
120 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

Hi,

There are a few places which are nice to visit, but it does depends a bit on what you want to do or see.

Though Hannover is a nice city to see, also the nearby Neuss is quite nice!

In The Netherlands, depending on how you drive you could visit:

Enschede, Zwolle, Deventer or Apeldoorn as main cities, just driving to them you will see smaller towns which most of the times have cheaps campingspots in nice green areas.

Also Amersfoort is nice to visit, as a last stop to Amsterdam.

Depending on what you like you can choose cities.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,222 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

There is plenty of free parking in Berlin, and also around Amsterdam.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

You could spend a night on Camping Zeeburg and rent bikes to get into the center of Amsterdam. www.campingzeeburg.nl

Having your own transport allows you to see lots of nice places and you have enough time to take the smaller roads instead of the highways. For example a quick stop at Naarden-Vesting could be nice. I also like Deventer and Hattem. But I have no idea what you're into... nature, small picturesque towns, cities?

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

Thanks for advice so far. We are hoping to see some beauty spots and places that are off the beaten track a little. We like walking, swimming, biking...anything outside. We want to save our 'city time' for Berlin and Amsterdam

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

<There is plenty of free parking in Berlin, and also around Amsterdam.>

Can you advise where please?

Zwolle, The...
Level Contributor
120 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

According to what you like I would definitly take a stop in the provence of Overijssel. Nice hiking and cycling paths as well enough lakes etcetera to swim in. Check out Deventer or Zwolle, staying in Zwolle is a bit out of route but is a great point to do some hiking and cycling in Overijssel aswell on the Veluwe just on the otherside of the river. You could then stay on one of these 3 campings:) tripadvisor.nl/Hotels-g188611-Zwolle_Overijs…

7. Re: Driving from Berlin to Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:17