We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

Hello,

I am in copenhagen currently, and I plan to visit amsterdam during a weekend..... I need a starting point to plan my travel:

1. How do I get there from copenhagen?

2. What options can I look in for staying there?

3. I would be travelling alone so how safe it is to be out late nights?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

By train it takes 11 hours and is quite costly, so flying is better, KLM.

You can book in English at a website like www.cheaptickets.nl , 154 euro or less , depending on when you want. At KLM checked-in luggage is no longer for free but at booking you become automatically member of the Flying Blue programme and then it is free.

Hotels can be booked through a website like www.trivago.nl ,but if you have a credit card and are over 21, you can do a bid at www.priceline.com , Name your own price, areas 2 and 3 and get a 4-star for a 1-star price for as litte as 56$, or a bit more. You will usually get a NH hotel which are always good and have free late check-out (5 PM) on Sundays.

Amsterdam is quite safe for a lady. Of course crime happens everywhere, also in Amsterdam, but just take the usual safety precautions and you will be fine everywhere, even in the notorious Red Light District.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 12:45
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,136 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

Yep you have left it really late to get any decent fares. Check Skycanner or Kayak for price comparisons. Norwegian and Finnair also fly this route.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

1. Plane, train or bus (or www.hitchhikers.org )

2. Hotel, B&B, apartment, www.couchsurfing.org , campsite

3. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188553-c198229/The-N…

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 15 May 2014, 19:28
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

I got tickets for 200 euro ..... Now that I hav spent a lot on the tickets I need to find a cheaper accomodation....!!!!!

Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

This is my first solo leisure trip abroad so do u know if I ll be able to find some company there in the hotel I stay for going out and all????

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

Stay in a hostel if you want to meet people easily. www.hostels.com

Or consider www.couchsurfing.org , either for a free stay overnight with a local (it's all about meeting people and interchange, so not just a free bed), or for arranging to meet people via the forums or the 'Events', or both.

Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

Somehow I can't access couchsurfing.org

Can anyone else access it ?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

@Niki, it works fine for me. You need to create a profile in order to see more than just the home page. The better you fill your profile (clear photo(s), something about yourself, if possible some references from friends who are also on couchsurfing or from people you met up with in your home town, or invited into your home), the more likely people will trust you.

9. Re: a weekend trip from copenhagen to amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:17