We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with these 3 hotels...

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with these 3 hotels...

Hello all,

This is our first time going to Amsterdam (3 nights). It's me, my wife, and our 10 year old son. I need some advice on which of these 3 hotels to stay in:

-Hotel Pulitzer

-Andaz

-The Dylan

Pricewise they are similar, so if anyone has stayed in them and can compare (rooms/location/service), I would love your advice.

Thank you!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
9,207 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with these 3 hotels...

The Andaz is brand new.

The Dylan is botique.

The Pulitzer is traditional and made up of connected monument buildings .

Locationwize, they are essentially the same.

You may be interested to note that a new Waldorf Astoria has just opened as well.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,451 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with these 3 hotels...

You're not going to go wrong with any of them.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with these 3 hotels...

Read the reviews......It will give you an idea of what to expect.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with these 3 hotels...

I've stayed at Pulitzer and the Dylan. I think the Dylan is excellent for couples, not so much for a family with a young kid ( very stylish, intimate and romantic ) I think the Pulitzer is more suitable for a family, more child friendly I think. I've seen families at the Pulitzer and noticed they have a special menu for children.

Note that it's not possible to have an extra bed placed in all room categories at the Dylan.

From the website ( http://www.dylanamsterdam.com/faq ) :

- Extra beds can be put in the room depending on room category (with a maximum of one extra bed per room, including babycots). An extra bed can be added to the following room categories: Superior Canal View, Superior Suite Garden View, Luxury Suite Garden View, Luxury Suite Canal View -

I agree with post 1 regarding the Waldorf. Great hotel with a magnificent, spacious garden.

5. Re: Need help with these 3 hotels...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 07:17