We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on our 3 week itinerary

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Topic
Advice on our 3 week itinerary

please give your views on our three week itinerary

28th June afternoon 2 pm reach Berlin

28,29,30th June ... On 1st July from Berlin fly out at 7:25pm

Amsterdam fly in on 1st night at 8;50

2,3,4,5th July - 6th afternoon fly out at 2:30pm to Paris

Paris fly in on 6th at 8pm

7,8,9,10th fly out at 9am to Barcelona

Barcelona reach on 10th July at 10:15am

10,11,12,13,14,15th night fly out to Ibiza at 8:50 pm

Ibiza reach at 10pm on 15th July

16 July fly out at 17th at 7:45am to Barcelona

Barcelona reach at 8:40 drive to madrid 6hrs 17th July

Madrid reach in evening on 17th

18,19 20th fly out at 8:30pm

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
870 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on our 3 week itinerary

Skip Ibiza and add one or more more days for Madrid, especially if you like museums + arts, and enjoy restaurants and tapas bars.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,924 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on our 3 week itinerary

What Latvian said.

3. Re: Advice on our 3 week itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 21:50
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on our 3 week itinerary

Ahh that is so great to have three weeks to travel through Europe.

My thoughts...

- You are listing cities only. Is that because of a particular reason? Or do you plan on doing side trips to smaller towns and the countryside as well? Cities show only one small 'side' of the country, especially the capital cities are usually very different culturally.

- I would add more days to Berlin. Now you basically have only two full days there, whereas the city has so much to offer, and is also a great place to just relax in a park or on one of the many small city beaches or in the beer gardens. There are all kinds of festivals. It's also quite cheap compared to the other cities. As a whole it is not a 'pretty' city but it has beautiful and ugly buildings, old and hyper modern, lots of street art, friendly vibe, loads of history and good museums, flat layout good for biking to get around, but also an excellent public transport network... For me it would have to be at least 4 full days in Berlin.

- Amsterdam is also a great city for just wandering around, lounging on terraces or in parks, visiting festivals... but I think you can enjoy it in 3 or 4 full days as well, in case you need the extra time elsewhere. It's more quite a bit expensive than Berlin. And Amsterdam is only a small city by comparison. 800,000 inhabitants

- Instead of flying to Paris, a train is faster. But if you don't have tickets yet, you're probably too late to get the affordable tarrifs. http://www.nsinternational.nl/

- Perhaps one day extra in Paris would be better. It's a big city with lots to offer.

- I haven't been to Barcelona, Madrid of Ibiza yet. Most of my friends like Madrid better. But it will be scalding hot there in summer. You may want to go to Valencia instead, or some other coastal town. Or Lisbon.

Or are those dates already set and were you asking for things to do in each location?

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 20 June 2014, 12:08
5. Re: Advice on our 3 week itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16