We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amsterdam accomodation

malta europe
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
amsterdam accomodation

can somebody pls advice on where to find clean cheap accommodation in Amsterdam.we mean to be out all day and it seems a shame to have to pay a lot of money just to use the room for the night,will be visiting in may 2015

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
870 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amsterdam accomodation

May is an expensive month for Amsterdam hotels, especially weekend nights. Also, many smaller budget hotels may require a minimum stay of 2 or even 3 nights, so they don't show up when you are searching for 1 night only. If your dates are flexible - try to play around with dates on Booking.com or Expedia.com.

Alternatively - look at airbnb.com and see if you can find a nice apartment instead.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,528 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amsterdam accomodation

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

No one "needs" to spend a lot of money on a room nor stay in a dump .

Pay dump prices but stay in an upscale 4 or 5 star-----double room in the close in center.

There is a good reason it's an almost 260 page thread

malta europe
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: amsterdam accomodation

we are spending 7 nights in Amsterdam

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,353 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amsterdam accomodation

You are way too early to be booking accommodation. Also look at apartment rental or perhaps a houseboat if you are staying for a week.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amsterdam accomodation

I would recommend finding the area you want to stay in Amsterdam, quality of accomodation, and price you want to pay. After you have narrowed your search to 3 properties, regularly check the price until your reservation. Make sure the website has a free cancellation policy if your itinerary changes.

I waited 8 hrs to long for a Oct reservation and the cost jumped 30 Euros.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
774 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: amsterdam accomodation

I have stayed here 2 times and plan to stay there again next time in Amsterdam. Breakfast is included and the location is perfect. https://www.nadia.nl

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,451 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: amsterdam accomodation

If you are spending 7 nights, consider booking an apartment:

- Lots more room at the end of the day.

- Ability to prepare some light meals or snacks saving LOTS of money (not to mention maybe having a beer).

- If you book a flat with a washer/dryer, you have the ability to do some laundry meaning you can travel lighter.

- Better values on apartments than hotel rooms.

If you want some help on how to book, let us know.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: amsterdam accomodation

Another vote for an apartment rather than a hotel. It's what I always do for city trips nowadays. More privacy, no one who wakes you up trying to clean your room, feel like you 'live' there for a while.

Read reviews though because every apartment owner is different.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 21:19
9. Re: amsterdam accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17