We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

Dear All,

appreciate your help and insight on my trip planned for Amsterdam - Belgium - France.

I am planning my trip to Amsterdam on 18th July. We are 4. ( couple with two boys age 6 & 10)

19JUL to 25JUL in Amsterdam. ( kindly suggest what to see )

i plan to rent a car and drive to France through Belgium.

would like to visit euro Disney and Eiffel tower.

27-28-29 JUL.

30/31 JUL i plan to visit a place in Belgium.

and the back to Amsterdam.

fly back on 2 / 3 Aug.

appreciate help in planning the itinerary as i am first time to European countries.

i plan to drive as i enjoy and feel more comfortable.

regards Ajit

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

Hi Ajit -

Check out the top questions on the right - specifically 'What is there to see and do' . then post again if you have anything specific to ask about -

Enjoy !! MMK

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

No experience with driving in Kuwait here, but you might not enjoy driving around Antwerp (Belgium), and especially not in Paris....

Most people traveling for holiday in France prefer to avoid driving in and around Paris!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

I advise against renting a car in your situation.

Roads in the Netherlands and around Antwerp have a lot of traffic jams.

Toll roads in France are quite expensive.

Driving in Paris will give you a big headache: I drove there various times (with good reasons) but did not see one single car WITHOUT dents or scratches, the French drive very agressively (especially the motor cyclists, I saw two of them touching the mirrors of cars during their kamikaze actions), and the 7 exit roundabouts and one-way streets and the hellish congestions will drive you nuts. Then when you finally find a parking spot the fees are shocking too, and the French way of parking involves 'touch means stop'. Fair chance of damage.

By the way, driving in Amsterdam is hellish for foreigners as well, because of the thousands of cyclists, and speeding trams and taxis and confusing situations (converging lanes and such), and very high parking fees.

Unless you want to visit countryside and small villages, just take trains. www.seat61.com for info. And try to fly open-jaw: fly from Kuwait into Amsterdam, take trains to Belgium and France, then fly home from Paris - Kuwait. You can always rent a car locally, for example in Belgium for one or two days.

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 23 June 2014, 19:52
England, United...
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

Disneyland Paris is not actually in Paris but in Marne-la-Vallee about 20 miles away. If you haven't done so already, have a look at their website for booking and other information.

www.disneylandparis.co.uk

There is a lot of activity on the French forum regarding Disneyland Paris which you might find helpful.

5. Re: Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 21:53
Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

Hello

The hell of driving into Paris is vastly exxagerated. We all have horror stories to tell, and I also just happened to have witnessed a dutch driver insulting policemen because he considered a french woman had hit his car. Possibly, but there was no scratch to see except for him. something cultural about Dutch and his car here ?

So, back to driving : avoid Antwerp during rush hours, as well as Brussels. Paris is no big deal and parking cost about 30 € per day if I'm not mistaken. I usually park on the street after 10 pm.

Driving is easy and luggage will fit etc.

Trains are ok between Amsterdam and Brussels and Paris - don't know about the Ams-Bxl fare, but Bxl-Paris will cost about 59 €/pp/trip less for kids I guess. From Paris it is easy to go to Marne La Vallee.

Personally I would spend more time in Paris than in Amsterdam. I would also skip DLP - but it is me and I don't know what aprks you have near your home.

HAve a nice holdiay.

7. Re: Itinerary advise needed for Amsterdam - Belgium - France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17