We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from P+R Gaasperplas station, without parking.

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from P+R Gaasperplas station, without parking.

Hello,

I have just realized that P+R Gaasperplas that I planned to use during my upcoming trip to Amsterdam, has been temporarily closed.

Bearing in mind I can actually reach this metro station by foot, I am wondering whether this promotional ticket for 5EUR for 2 people travelling from this station to the city center and back (each direction to take max 1 hour) is available at this station?

As an alternative, I have a 24-hours ticket (7.5EUR / person) but not only is this triple more expensive but also unnecessary option for us (we are going to rather walk thru the city center).

Any advise here?

Kind regards

SP

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,576 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from P+R Gaasperplas station, without parking.

Hi there,

Nope. It solely applies for people using the P+R facility. So your closest call is normal one-way rides of 2.80 euro/person, totals 5.60 euro instead of 7.50 euro...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from P+R Gaasperplas station, without parking.

Not 100% sure, but the info in the red box here makes me think you can only buy the discounted GVB card with a car parking slip / card. http://www.iamsterdam.com/~/media/PDF/Getting%20around/Nieuwe%20PDF%20parkingfolders%20juni%202014/IV891PRENGNieuwe%20regelsA4DigitaalV3.pdf

> it says you only have one hour to buy it, so that is why I think that somehow the discount for GVB is 'activated' by a car parking card.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,576 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from P+R Gaasperplas station, without parking.

Yes confirmed ;-) P+R Bijlmer ArenA is only a few km from your place of stay then and _does_ offer the GVB discounted option, so it might still be cheaper for you to do the full P+R experience after a short car ride.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

4. Re: Traveling from P+R Gaasperplas station, without parking.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:15