We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Antwerp by IC

Maldives
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Amsterdam to Antwerp by IC

I am planning to take IC from Amsterdam to Antwerp. There is only 2 minutes to change the train at Rotterdam. So I was wondering if I buy the Semi-Flex ticket can I take next train from Rotterdam to Antwerp incase if I miss the train. If not, will Full-Flex give me this option?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,164 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam to Antwerp by IC

Hi there,

Yes can take next train. Though it's probably safer just to take an earlier train Amsterdam-Rotterdam.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
Maldives
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam to Antwerp by IC

What do you mean by safer? If I am to take point to point trains from Amsterdam to Rotterdam then Rotterdam to Antwerp it costs me 28.7 Euro's compared to 18.70 Euros from Amsterdam to Antwerp at semi-flex fair. In case if I miss the train, I don't mind waiting for an hour to catch the next train. So, I can take any IC train heading to Antwerp from Rotterdam then as you have mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
Antwerp
Antwerp
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,164 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam to Antwerp by IC

Hi again,

Well taking an earlier train Amsterdam-Rotterdam means 20 or 30 mins longer travel but almost 100% guarantee of catching the connection. In the original plan you have maybe 90% guarantee of catching it (generally it's opposite side of same platform) but 10% chance of being 1 hour later. That sounds safer to us but it's subjective...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam to Antwerp by IC

<I can take any IC train heading to Antwerp from Rotterdam then as you have mentioned>

A ticket for the IC trains along the route Amsterdam - Rotterdam - Antwerp - Brussels is valid for a whole day, so you can take whichever train you want between Amsterdam and Rotterdam, and then between Rotterdam and Antwerp https:/…Validity

Trains between Rotterdam and Antwerp are only hourly; trains between Amsterdam and Rotterdam are much more frequent. That is the logic behind ErikdR's suggestion in post 3.

Mentioned in this post
Antwerp
Antwerp
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
5. Re: Amsterdam to Antwerp by IC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:15